We promote and advance quality school health services throughout the Commonwealth and promote the rights, interests and professional growth of our members.
Advocacy Related to COVID-19
Advocacy Related to Local Health Boards
Collaborations with Other Organizations
School Nurses in the News
- WGBH Interview, In It Together with Arun Rath – Dr. Joseph Allen, head of Harvard’s Health Buildings program & Doreen Crowe
- DESE Reporting Requirements for Positive COVID-19 Cases in Schools
- Protocols for Responding to scenarios in School, on Bus, and in Community Setting
- DESE Fall Reopening FAQ Aug. 26, 2020
- School Health Office Guidance, September 3, 2020
- School Health Regulation Guidance Regarding Screenings, Physicals, Immunizations – August 2020.
- Guidance for Districts and Schools on Interpreting DPH COVID-19 Metrics
- Full Sample Survey (Members and Non-Members) June 2020.
- MSNO Survey June 2020 SN Role During COVID-19
- MAAAP Scenario COVID and Kids
- MA DESE COVID-19 Resources
- MSNO Resources for School Reopening
- NASN COVID-19 Resources
- PPE Information:
- PARENT WHAT DO I DO IF SICK flowchart
- PARENT WHAT DO I DO IF CONTACT or TRAVEL v.2 flowchart
- What Coronavirus Disease
- Asthma Care Post COVID info for Nurses
- COVID algorithm
- COVID-19 School and Community Resource Library
- Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health: Risk Reduction Strategies for Reopening Scho0l
- 10 Things You Can Do to Prepare for Back to School
- BPS Tools
- Sample COVID Staff Trainings
Leadership @ MSNO
Board Meetings will typically meet from 5:00 – 7:00 pm
2020-2021 Board Meetings
- MSNO Board Meetings & Event Dates 2020-2021
● September 14, 2020, 5:00-7:00pm (Mon)
● October 13, 2020, 5:00-7:00pm (Tues)
● November 9, 2020, 5:00-7:00pm (Mon)
● December 5, 2020, 11:00-3:00pm (Sat) – 50th Celebration
● January 11, 2021, 5:00-7:00pm (Mon)
● February 8, 2021, 5:00-7:00pm (Mon)
● March 8, 2021, 5:00-7:00pm (Mon)
● April 12, 2021, 5:00-7:00pm (Mon) or April 17, 2020, 9:00-12:00pm (Sat) – Meeting or Spring Retreat/Annual Meeting/Educational Program
● May 10, 2021, 5:00-7:00pm (Mon)
● June 14, 2021, 5:00-7:00pm (Mon) – End of Year Celebration
Please check e-newsletter and website for updates to schedule and location.
Guests of MSNO Members are welcome!
For more information, please contact Doreen Crowe, MSNO President at email@example.com.
Featured Board Member
Every month we highlight a Board member to help our membership get to know us better. Click below to meet this month’s featured member.
Jenny Gormley, Past President
Jenny serves MSNO as the current Past President.
Jenny has worked in the School Health specialty in Massachusetts since 2000.
She provided direct care as a per diem and elementary school nurse in two Massachusetts school districts, and as Director of Health, Nursing, and Safety at a third school district.