We promote and advance quality school health services throughout the Commonwealth and promote the rights, interests and professional growth of our members.
Governer Baker’s Proclamation for MA School Nurse’s Day
Showing Appreciation to All School Nurses
For Outstanding School Nursing Services During the COVID Pandemic, MSNO would like provide all school nurses in Massachusetts with a Certificate of Appreciation.
Below is a link to a fillable PDF of a Certificate of Appreciation. Please enter your name and print the certificate.
Many thanks to our school nurses for all of their service during the pandemic!
MSNO Statement 01/18/2022
The Massachusetts School Nurse Organization (MSNO) supports the joint decision by DESE/DPH to revise the COVID-19 testing program across the Commonwealth.
It is a welcome relief for school nurses to provide our district families and staff with at-home testing opportunities moving forward.
Thank you Commissioner Riley and Commissioner Cooke for this much needed change. A win-win for everyone!
NASN Statement Urging all School Staff and Eligible Students to be Vaccinated against COVID‑19
MSNO Gratitude Gathering – Recording (Nov. 16th)
- Remarks by MSNO Past and Current Presidents and Board Members; and
- Announcement of inaugural Anne Sheetz Scholarship Award recipient
COVID-19 Information 2021-22 School Year
Advocacy Regarding School Nurse Workloads
- Regional “Meet & Greets” TBD
School Nurses in the News
- DESE_DPH COVID 19 Guidance for Districts and Schools Fall 2021 posted 8-14-21
- COVID-19 Testing Program 2021-22 posted 8-14-21
- Comprehensive PPE Guidance 6.24.2021 posted 8-14-21
COVID-19 Information 2020-21 School Year
Advocacy Related to COVID-19
Advocacy Related to Local Health Boards
Collaborations with Other Organizations
School Nurses in the News
- The Changing Role of School Nurses During the Pandemic
- A school nurse finds the pandemic has her missing her sweet ‘frequent flyers’
- Amid COVID-19 Pandemic, School Nurses are on the Front Lines of Reopening Schools Safely
- A Season of Contact Tracing Highlights School Nurses’ Influence Beyond School Walls – September 10, 2020
- Newsy Interview with Linda Mendonca, Jenny Gormley & Doreen Crowe
- WGBH Interview, In It Together with Arun Rath – Dr. Joseph Allen, head of Harvard’s Health Buildings program & Doreen Crowe
- Interim Guidance: Role of the School Nurse in COVID-19 Testing in Schools – 01-21-21
- MA COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan 01-05-21
- 12-07-20 State Quarantine Guidelines
- Pediatric Clinical Testing Advisory 11.25.20
- Phase I BinaxNOW Memo 10-23-20
- DESE Reporting Requirements for Positive COVID-19 Cases in Schools
- Protocols for Responding to scenarios in School, on Bus, and in Community Setting
- DESE Fall Reopening FAQ Aug. 26, 2020
- School Health Office Guidance, September 3, 2020
- School Health Regulation Guidance Regarding Screenings, Physicals, Immunizations – August 2020.
- Guidance for Districts and Schools on Interpreting DPH COVID-19 Metrics
- AAP Return to Sports Flowchart – January 2021
- Youth Athlete Return to Play letter – February 2021
- Full Sample Survey (Members and Non-Members) June 2020.
- MSNO Survey June 2020 SN Role During COVID-19
- MAAAP Scenario COVID and Kids
- MA DESE COVID-19 Resources
- MSNO Resources for School Reopening
- NASN COVID-19 Resources
- PPE Information:
- COVID Testing FAQ’s
- PARENT WHAT DO I DO IF SICK flowchart
- PARENT WHAT DO I DO IF CONTACT or TRAVEL v.2 flowchart
- What Coronavirus Disease
- Asthma Care Post COVID info for Nurses
- COVID algorithm
- COVID-19 School and Community Resource Library
- Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health: Risk Reduction Strategies for Reopening Scho0l
- 10 Things You Can Do to Prepare for Back to School
- BPS Tools
- Sample COVID Staff Trainings